Sunday, December 5, 2010

Something to get me started

I joined Weight Watchers online yesterday and all I can say so far is...WOW! I love the site! Its so easy to find recipes and knowledge of foods and their point values. They make it fun to do instead of a pain in the ass, like it used to be. Or, perhaps it is that I am getting older so I am more settled. I am home much more now and so since I cook at home, it is easy to measure and weigh things. I can plan and execute my  meals seamlessly. I know I can lose weight, last year I lost over 40 lbs. I put it back on this year though when my world started falling apart. I am an emotional eater. I also think that when I am not thinking about food, I do well. I have gone all day without more than coffee. When I am crafting or doing something that I am totally engrossed in, I don't think about it. That is not good though, not eating is as bad if not worse than eating to much. So... the happy medium that has previously eluded me, might just be within my grasp now. The hardest part of course is going from being pretty sedentary to doing regular activity. I LOVE Zumba! I have it here at the house and yes, even I can do it lol albeit not for more than 12 mins right now lol... but I am working on that. Doing it once a week and then not again for 3 weeks, well sadly that is not considered exercising.... CRAP!! LOL  Sigh...back to the drawing board, as usual. I am always hopeful though, and that is what separates things now, from things then. Life is so full of adversity these days more than ever. Yet, I find that there is still hope to have my life the way I wish it to be. The largest part of that is to be at a healthier weight. I am realistic in that I am not gonna be a size 10 again....sigh ... but I can have a much closer number than I do now. I have the support and the tools to do it. Those are huge obstacles for many people. I am also on a journey to meditate and yoga more. They are excellent starts to my day and definately aide in my journey to become the best I can be. The 40nfabulous me :) Oh yea... the biggest reason at the moment is that my next birthday I will be turning 40~!!!!! Not that I am freaking out or anything LOL But Yea the big 4-0.... I want to be in the best shape I can. My entire 30ish decade has passed me by with me saying... " I want to be this weight by the time im 30...33...35...37....39....and now here it is. In May I will be 40...so I think this should be enough time to make a significant dent in the massive number of lbs I need to lose. If I can do it... so can you if you are struggling. Give WeightWatchers online a try. You can opt to do the old fashioned method of meetings and weigh ins or...for someone like me who is more comfortable at home...not in front of a lot of people, do the online thing. Weight yerself and just keep track of points ..they make it so simple! Ok guys and dolls, have a wonderful day and as always X0's
                                                                                                          Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thanks for stopping by my page, come back soon :) ~