Friday, November 16, 2012

The Journey

Good Morning! I trust you all have been well?!
  
          I am doing well on my journey of health and wellness. Slow though it may be I am finding out what to do and not to do. For me, I need to be slow about it. If I rush around and rush into things, they fall apart. Instant gratification is nice but temporary. Eating healthy is difficult! I love it, but it is difficult to maintain. It is a commitment. One I cherish and will not give up. To the degree however, is of some debate within myself. Clearly our country is facing an pandemic issue... FAT! The facts are that we just have to make better choices and move more. Did you know that corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup is in EVERYTHING!??? its in all condiments! Nearly every single thing contains that and or Gluten! Today's high powered, genetically modified gluten is whats gonna get ya! It has gotten me to the point where I get sick when I eat it. So now I am systematically cutting it out. I do notice that when I eat it in the morning IE: toast, it does not affect me the way it does if I have say a roll at dinner time. I have found brown rice pasta and quinoa pasta in place of the traditional and I have to say YUM!!! These items respectively taste equal to their glutenous counterparts and yet are easy on the waistline and the digestive system, your pocketbook on the other hand, not so much. So, these are the things I am researching. I am my own health experiment. The biggest thing and the thing that frustrates me ( and my husband) is reading labels only to find out that there is more that is bad for you than good. It is a painstaking process at times but, SO WORTH IT!! The cost also increases but again, SO WORTH IT! Eating healthy is cheaper and easier than going to the Dr. and being on medication.

*Photo Credit: Annie Stenger*
      The next segment I need to work on is moving more! Sigh... I want to do more yoga  and go back to zumba and and and LOL yet,  there is always something in the way. Like the coffee table in the middle of the living room... or wow there are so many other things I need to be doing right now ...the list is endless however, I am moving more and more so these baby steps are helping me. I have not lost that much yet! However, I am moving steadily in a good direction to making this my new way of life and not just something else I started and did not finish.
                                               Here's to your health...
                                                                                ~Annie~ 0x's

No comments:

Post a Comment

~Thanks for stopping by my page, come back soon :) ~